has been added to your cart.
Book A Safety Speaker
Why we do what we do…
Become a Speaker
Wheels in Motion Newsletter
Woody the Safety Bloke
Toolbox Talks Topics
It Hurts – VALA – VCE VM
12 Reasons Book
Woody’s Words Videos
Safety Training Video
Personalised Safety Video
How to demonstrate your value as a Safety Manager
Are you a Safety Leader?
1. When thinking of Safety, which of the following describes your role?
I am a Safety Professional / Safety Officer
I hold another role but Safety has been made part of my job
I’m not a Safety Officer but I’m thinking about becoming one
Safety is not part of my role
Other Role Description
2. How long have you been working in Safety?
Less than a year
1 to 3 years
More than 3 years
I don’t work in Safety yet
3. When it comes to Safety, what is the current state of your workplace?
Safety is non-existent / Poor. We put very little or no effort into safety
Safety has been discussed but we don’t actively encourage or think about it
Safety is supposed to be a priority but not everyone follows the rules
Safety is a priority, we have an awesome Safety culture, and we plan to keep it that way
We have a good safety record but we want to look at ways to keep it going
4. Whose responsibility is it to ensure your workplace is safe?
The Safety Officer
Management and senior staff
Employees, workers, tradies, everyone “Doing the job”
Safety is everyone’s responsibility - from the site worker to the CEO
5. When it comes to Safety, what are your biggest obstacles? [Select all that apply]
We have no Safety culture
Safety culture we have is outdated and OLD
Workers believe it is someone else’s job to keep them safe
People believe that Safety is just to cover the bosses arse when something goes wrong
A real Us against Them attitude (Workers and management)
There are few rules in place, and the ones that are in place are rarely enforced
We don’t have any safety leadership, Safety Manager, Safety Team, HSR’s (Health and Safety Reps)
Production seems to be more important than Safety
We don’t have the resources for Safety (Money, budget, staff)
6. In one or two sentences, what is your BIGGEST priority right now when it comes to Safety?
7. What Safety initiatives have you tried to implement in the past? [Select all that apply]
Hiring a Safety Speaker
Implement an “off the shelf” SMS (Safety Management System) and try to adapt it to our workplace
We haven’t really tried anything
8. What was successful? What failed?
9. When it comes to Safety at your workplace, what is the Single Greatest Challenge holding you back?
10. If you could change ONE THING to make your workplace SAFER… What would you change?
11. For us to provide you with your results, we just need a few bits of information on yourself:
First, what is your name?
What is your email address?
Where are you located?
Who do you work for?
Finally, we might make contact to provide you with some tips to help you run a safer workplace. Do you mind if we give you a call?
Yes please, there is always more to learn!
No thanks, I know all there is to know about Safety already.